Languages: Spanish, English and German
Daniel López Suárez is a partner at Lexvalor Abogados. He joined the firm in 2016 after having worked at various law firms and presided the Corporación Legal CL Ecuador—a legally established firm of which he was partner. His experience in public law and administrative contentious litigation evolved based on advisory services provided to various public sector entities, outstandingly, the State Attorney General’s Office wherein he performed as the Attorney General’s advisor during various years.
He directs the Administrative and Public Contracting Law area of the firm and jointly directs the Conflict Resolution Area. His experience of over 12 years in these fields enables him to provide advice to domestic and multinational companies in regard to pre and post-contractual procedures involving Public Purchasing, Concessions, Public/Private Alliances, and administrative processes before public sector entities, and to sponsor national and foreign companies concerning the impugnation of acts by the Administration as well as litigation in administrative, judicial, arbitration, and constitutional jurisdiction and in regard to mediation options that are his area of expertise.
Daniel is a consultant and collaborator of the World Bank and the UNDP; he is a professor reading Public Companies as part of the Master’s Program in Business Law at Universidad de Especialidades Espíritu Santo. He also taught Intellectual Property at Universidad San Francisco de Quito and is the Leading Mentor in the legal aspects of the Entreprenurship Program under the AEI Alliance for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Master’s Degree in Public Contracting, Universidad Pública de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Post-grad in Administrative Law, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar
- Attorney at law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador,
- Litigation Skills Program, Civil Trial Advocacy in the American University, Washington Collegue of Law.
- Partner, Lexvalor Abogados
- Legal Advisor and judicial/arbitration sponsor for national and foreign companies; public sector and international organizations consultant.
- CEO and Partner, Corporación Legal CL Ecuador
- Advisor to Ecuador’s Attorney General’s Office (PGE)
- National Director of Juridical Advice to the PGE, Acting
- National Director of Human Talent Management at PGE, acting
- Assistant Director, Public and Special Contracting, PGE
- Juridical Advisor to the Vice-Minister of Government
- Legal and Administrative Coordinator for the Productive Strategies Program and Attraction of Investments Program launched by CORPEI and the Coordinating Ministry of Production
- Legal Consultant, UNDP
- World Bank collaborator for annual comparative reports on public contracting and public/private associations in Ecuador
- Leading Mentor in the juridical area, AEI Entrepreneurship and Innovation Alliance
- Member, Ecuadorian Institute of Administrative Law
- Member, European/Latin-American Institute of Jurists Association (EULAT)
- Member, Bar Association for Pichincha
- Professor reading PUBLIC ENTERPRISES as part of the Master’s Degree Law Program at Universidad de Especialidades Espíritu Santo, Guayaquil-Ecuador
- Principal Professor of Intellectual Property Law at Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Guest speaker, International Convention on Legal Marketing and Technologies at Shanghai, China
- Public Contracting Manual (first and second editions), Corporación de Estudios y Publicaciones
- ABC Entrepreneurs Manual, practical guide to starting a business in Ecuador, in cooperation with UNDP
- Feature writer, AsiaLAW Legal Blog and of legal innovations journals
- Administrative and Public Contracting Law
- Conflict Resolution
- Energy-related issues
- Intellectual Property.