Josué Zarria Proaño
Languages: Spanish and English.
Josué Zarria is a founding partner at the Lexvalor Abogados Tax Division. He joined the firm in 2009 after having developed his professional career at important law firms and at the Internal Revenues Service.
He is the Tax Manager within the Tax Law Area and has vast experience in the accounting and financial aspects thereof. He is an expert at tax structuring and has devoted his professional career to focus on tax advice provided to local and multinational firms concerning their local and international business. He has also performed expert analyses within the judiciary and arbitration contexts at both the national and international levels.
He has over twelve years of experience in handling tax structuring, fiscal planning, family holdings, the application of accounting and financial standards, as well as the preparation and defense of the expert analyses carried out.
His most recent work includes tax advice to companies within the pharmaceutical, oil, financial services, real estate, retail, transportation, and cosmetic sectors, among others.
- Commercial Engineer with a major in Finances from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, 2006
- Partner at Lexvalor Abogados Tax Area, 2009 – present
- Tax Manager at the Sánchez García& Asociados firm, 2006
- Official at the Internal Revenues Service (SRI by its Spanish acronym), 2004
- Semi-senior in accounting and auditing, Micelle S.A. D.F.K. auditing firm, 2003