María Gabriela Uquillas Iturralde
Languages: Spanish, English and German
Gabriela Uquillas is a partner at Lexvalor Abogados. She joined the firm in 2012 and has over ten years of experience in foreign trade. With a law degree from the Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, she has also pursued postgraduate studies in International Trade Negotiations and in Public Law (Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil), and has a post-graduate degree in Business Law from the Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja.
As part of her experience working for the public sector, she has worked at the National Customs Service of Ecuador, having served from various positions: i.e., Manager of Legal Advice, Advisor to the General Manager and, Juridical Chief for this District of Guayaquil.
She has delved into the various activities involved in the customs context; outstandingly, she has performed as Project Manager for the Customs (CAE) Organic Law amendment bill, integrated the Group of Andean Government Experts (Kyoto Convention, Special Regimes), Official Delegate for preparing an Andean Customs Code; member of the Customs Advisory Group for the Andean Community, coordinator of many overall customs training programs, guest speaker at various Customs Legislation and Procedures seminars, among other.
She currently advises many companies, such as: Free Zones, Insurance Companies, Airport Terminals, Duty-Free Shops and Importers/Exporters; she also performs duties as Customs Advisor for the Chamber of Commerce in Guayaquil.
- Postgraduate studies in International Business Negotiation and in Public Law, Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, 2008
- Postgraduate studies in Business Law, Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja, 2006
- Attorney at Law by Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, 2004
- Lexvalor Abogados Partner, 2012 - present
- Customs Advisor at the Chamber of Commerce of Guayaquil, 2009 to present
- Manager, Legal Advice, National Customs Service of Ecuador, 2009
- Juridical Chief, District of Guayaquil, National Customs Service of Ecuador, 2008 -2009
- Advisor to the General Manager, National Customs Service of Ecuador, 2007 - 2008
- Project Manager, Customs (CAE) Organic Law amendment bill, 2005;
- Member of the Andean Governmental Group of Experts (Kyoto Convention, special regimes)
- Official Delegate charged with preparing the Andean Customs Code
- Member of the Customs Advisory Group to the Andean Community
- Customs Law
- Tax Law
- Corporate law