Languages: Spanish and English.
Mayra León works for the Firm since 2009 and was promoted in 2014 to her partner status after having provided Advisory Services on Sentence Bills to the Taxes-related Contentious Hall of the National Court of Justice—the top administration of justice entity in regard to taxes in Ecuador.
She partakes in the strategic decision-making tax team directed toward the judicial and extrajudicial defense at the contentious level while supervising the judicial development of the proceedings placed under the Firm’s charge through to issuance of a judicial sentence.
She provides preventative and ongoing advice to salient national and international companies operating in diverse segments of the economy, mainly concerning tax and corporate issues; among them: the cosmetics, logistics, fuels, technology, pharmaceutical, food, and tourist sectors.
Mayra is the CEO for Fundación Corazones Valientes (Lexvalor Abogados corporate social responsibility action). In addition to performing as its legal representative, she actively participates in fund-raising for such ends.
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree program on International Taxes at Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, 2014
- Higher Specialization in Tax Law, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, 2013
- B.A. in Juridical Sciences and Attorney at Law appointed to the Courts of the Republic from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, 2011
- Lexvalor Abogados Partner working at the Tax Area, 2014 – present.
- Expert Advisor on Sentence Bills for the Tax-Related Contentious Hall at the National Court of Justice, 2012 - 2013
- Attorney at Law for the Lexvalor Abogados Tax Area, 2009 – 2014.
- Member of the International Fiscal Association and of the Ecuadorian Tax Law Institute.