Labor and Employment
In the field of labor law, we advise our clients on matters of recruitment, risk and labor dispute prevention, handling of individual and collective relations, and assistance in foreign-employee social security and immigration issues.
In the event that the client so requires, we support and undertake extrajudicial dispute resolution processes, administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Labor, and legal proceedings.
Our advisory services involve training and directing ongoing legal support to company HR departments in managing human resources and maintaining discipline and a good working environment.
The following are among the services we provide in the labor sphere:
- Ongoing advice regarding compliance with employer's obligations
- Planning and design of effective employee recruitment methods
- Permanent consultation support to HR departments
- Labor and employment due diligence
- Advice on social security, occupational safety, and occupational hazards
- Counseling on collective bargaining
- Drawing up and official approval of internal labor regulations, special work schedules, and safety regulations
- Advice on employee retirement requirements
- Counsel support in administrative approval and dismissal procedures
- Advisory support for administrative complaints to the Ministry of Labor Relations
- Counsel support in labor lawsuits
- Legal advice on immigration issues aimed at securing visas for foreign employees
- Labor and employment counseling in company opening, subrogation, merger, close-down, and worker termination processes
- Advice on occupational hazard management for manufacturing and industrial companies
Our Labor and Employment Division is an internationally recognized market leader ranked in Chambers and Partners Latin America.