Our client portfolio of real estate developers and construction companies includes firms with recognized leadership in the real estate and in the infrastructure sector that have developed major projects in Ecuador.
We provide advisory support in all phases of the real estate industry and related activities, from the acquisition of real property and procurement of municipal permits to the corporate wealth, tax, and contractual structuring required in real estate project development (housing, office buildings, residential complexes, and commercial developments).
We are leaders in legal advice on the different phases of real estate ventures, including:
- Project legal and tax structuring
- Promotion, investment, and divestment
- Financing options and real estate acquisitions
- Real estate development and construction
- Transfer of ownership
- Consolidations, subdivisions, and partitions
- Declarations of horizontal property and reversals
- Land registry updates
- Establishment and cancellation of liens
- Completion and liquidation of projects and project development structures
- Regulatory and municipal compliance for real estate project development
- Design and preparation of real estate contracts according to specific project needs
- Legal advice on real estate risk management
- Legal and labor-related counseling on project labor risk management
- Legal advice on catastrophic natural events
- Condominium development and internal horizontal-property regulations
- Legal advice on local technical rules and regulations and support for PUAES (Special Architectural Urban Planning Projects) classification with the respective municipalities
Our Real Estate Division is an internationally recognized market leader ranked in Chambers and Partners Latin America.