Alfredo Peñaherrera Wright
Languages: Spanish, English, French and German
Alfredo Peñaherrera is a founding partner of Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados. As a result of the merger between the legal firms Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados and Lexvalor Abogados, Alfredo has become Lexvalor partner and CEO. Prior to his incorporation into the Firm, he was part of the Ecuadorian Mission at Geneva, where he performed as Acting General Consul representing Ecuador before several work and negotiation groups vis-à-vis United Nations (UN) organizations.
He leads the Partnership area; having broad experience in corporate counseling. He provides legal advice on business operations of various natures including: business contract negotiations, the stock market, operations aimed at restructuring holdings and partnership assets confronting commercial ventures, among others.
He has vast experience in side-by-side development of real estate projects, especially concerning shopping malls. He is responsible for the development of the commercial concession contract currently in use in Ecuador.
At present, and in addition to performing as the Firm’s Partner and CEO, he is the lead counselor for one of the largest businesses in Ecuador.
- Attorney at Law, Universidad Central del Ecuador, 1992, with a doctorate in Jurisprudence.
- Has participated in various seminars, symposiums, and training courses in Ecuador, Germany, Switzerland and France.
- CEO and partner of Lexvalor Abogados
- Founding partner of Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados
- Former advisor to the Chamber of Small Industries at Guayas
- External Counselor for Finagro, Banco del Agro, (1996 - 1997)
- Ecuadorian Consul in Geneva - Switzerland (1993 - 1996)
- Member of the GATT (currently WTO) Negotiation Team concerning Ecuador’s adhesion (1993 - 1996)
- Representative of Ecuador in the negotiation of UNCTAD’S Global Customs Preferences Systems for Developing Countries. Geneva - Switzerland (1993 - 1996)
- Representative of Ecuador before the International Trade Center (ITC) UNCTAD/GATT, in Geneva, Switzerland (1993 - 1996)
- Member of the Ecuadorian Fiscal Court (1982 - 1985)
- Partnership Law
- Real Estate Law
- Labor Law