Ana Catalina Caffarena Greig
Languages: Spanish and English.
Catalina Caffarena has been a lawyer at Lexvalor Abogados Lawyer since 2016. Prior joining the Firm, she was a member of staff at the Estudio Jurídico Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados law firm. Catalina joined the firm after having developed her professional career at important law firms in Ecuador.
She has gained significant professional expertise in corporate, contractual, civil issues, and alternate methods for conflict resolution (mediation and arbitration) involving important national and multinational companies, having demonstrated her solid professional training comprising over twenty years.
At present, she performs duties as the Arbitration Secretary for the Ecuadorian-American Chamber of Commerce in Quito. Catalina is fully competent to practice in both Ecuador and in Chile.
More recently, she has provided corporate advice to companies belonging to the pharmaceutical, commercial, technological, and retail sectors, among others.
- Validation of foreign title, granted by Universidad Central del Ecuador, 2002.
- Attorney at Law, Chile’s Supreme Court, 1995.
- B.A. in Juridical and Social Sciences from the Universidad Diego Portales, Chile, 1994.
- Lawyer at Lexvalor Abogados, 2016 – present
- Arbitration Secretary, Ecuadorian-American Chamber of Commerce in Quito, 2006 – present.
- Associate Lawyer at the Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados law firm, 2011- 2016.
- Associate Lawyer at the Romero Arteta Ponce Abogados law firm, 1998- 2010.
- Arthur Andersen Ecuador, 1996-1997.
- Novoa & Rojas Cía. Ltda, Chile, 1992-1993.
- “Del Precario entre Cónyuges”, (Precariousness between Spouses) 1994.
- Corporate Law
- Civil and Commercial Law
- Alternate options to Conflict Resolution (mediation and arbitration)