Carlos Coronel Endara
Languages: Spanish and English.
Carlos Coronel is a founding partner of the Lexvalor Abogados Tax Division. He joined the firm in 2009, after his professional career was linked to tax-related business: the public sector, private law firms, and important auditing companies.
Carlos directs the Tax Law Area and has focused his expertise on national and international tax issues to advise domestic and multinational companies.
He complements his practice with litigation by having sponsored important firms before Ecuador’s courts and by advising family groups concerning the organization of their holdings.
His most recent advisory work has been directed toward the pharmaceutical, fuels, financial services, food, real estate, retail, and transportation sectors, among others.
Chambers & Partners—the prestigious editing firm—acknowledged him during 2016 and 2017 as one of the most outstanding Ecuadorian lawyers in the tax field: “Partner Carlos Coronel stands out to clients for his knowledge of tax issues". Interviewees highlight, "his good judgment and depth of analysis," and go on to mention, "his relevant international experience and strategic opinions." He focuses on tax litigation.”
- Master’s degree in International Taxes from the Universidad I de la Rioja, Spain
- Diploma in Administrative Law from the Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
- Major in Tax Law from the Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Attorney at Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador.
- Leading Partner in the Tax Area at Lexvalor Abogados – present
- Former Tax Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers A.G. auditing firm
- Former Tax Manager, René Sánchez García
- Former public official at the Internal Revenues Service (SRI)
- Professor, Universidad de las Américas UDLA (2009-2013)
- Tax Advisor to the Production, Competitiveness and Employment Coordinating Ministry (2013)
- Member, Ecuadorian Institute of Tax Law (IEDT)
- Member, International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Tax and Cross Borders Deals, Latin Lawyer, 2016 (Co-authorship with Pablo Arias),
- Methods to Prevent Double Taxation in Latin America / Volume II / IFA / Lima, 2016
- Tax Law