Hernán Ponce Aray
Languages: Spanish and English.
Hernán Enrique Ponce Aray is a founding partner of the Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados. As a result of the merger between the Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados and Lexvalor Abogados law firms, Hernán has become Lexvalor partner and Director of our Intellectual Property Department.
Within the Intellectual Property Area he is responsible for the trademark and patent portfolios, for leading businesses operating in the pharmaceutical, food and beverage sectors, household and electronic products, among others.
He has experience in assuming a leading role in judiciary procedures concerning such issues. He performed as Consultant to the National Government in preparing the Intellectual Property Law and applicable regulations.
At present he is the Director of legal issues for Latin America for a pharmaceutical company, is the Director and leading counsel at one of the largest pharmaceutical retail companies, and is the Director of one of the most salient automotive companies.
He also provides corporate advice to various multi-national firms operating in the massive consumption, pharmaceutical products, and food industry sectors of Ecuador; likewise, he coordinates the activities maintained by an important multinational company that operates in all of the Latin American countries.
- Doctorate in Jurisprudence from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, 1987
- Partner and Director of the Intellectual Property Area for Lexvalor Abogados
- Speaker at the CIOPRA VII Convention on Intellectual Property, held in Strasbourg, France (1998)
- Consultant to the National Government Administration and co-author of the Intellectual Property Law (1997-1998)
- Arbitrator at the Chamber of Commerce in Quito (1995 – 1997)
- Principal Director, Chamber of Commerce in Quito (1991 – 1993)
- Legal advisor to Philips S.A., Grupo Azul (1988 – 1990)
- Founding partner of the Peñaherrera & Ponce Abogados law firm (1983 – 1989)
- Associate at Estudio Jurídico Fabián Ponce & Asociados law firm (1983-1988)
- Intellectual Property
- Partnership Law
- Real Estate Law
- Labor Law