Karla Villacís Echeverría
Languages: Spanish, English and French.
Karla Villacís Echeverría is a founding partner at Lexvalor Abogados. She joined the firm in 2005 after unfolding her professional career at prestigious companies pertaining to the real estate sector as well as in salient law firms in Quito.
She heads the Labor Law Area and participates in steering activities within the Corporate and Real Estate Law Area jointly with other partners. She has significant experience in advising important real estate companies and to national and multinational companies within the corporate, labor-related and real estate sectors. She provides labor-related litigation advice to various companies countrywide.
She has gained over fifteen years of experience in handling patrimonial structures and real estate issues, civil and labor contracting patterns, work-related risks and social security aspects, expat employees, labor-related litigation and corporate advice to companies in coordination with LATAM regional offices and headquarters at the international level. In an ongoing manner, she dictates labor-related courses at production chambers and organizes in-house seminars for companies.
In 2017, Karla was acknowledged by the prestigious Chambers & Partners publication as one of the outstanding lawyers, and professionals in the labor and real estate business fields.
Karla was ranked by the prestigious guide Chambers & Partners as one of the most outstanding lawyers working within the labor and fixed assets area (for the period 2017 through 2019).
- Diploma in Management by Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico, 2011.
- Attorney at Law and BA in Juridical Sciences from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, 2005.
- Assistant and associate professor on Labor-Law Institutions at the Pontifica Universidad Católica del Ecuador, 2000-2006.
- Legal English Conversation and Writing Course, Nassau Community College, Long Island, New York, 2001.
- Has participated in various seminars and courses on mercantile law, labor law, occupational safety and risks, finances and risks related to the building sector, locally and internationally.
- Managing Partner at the Lexvalor Abogados Labor Area. Coordinating partner involving the corporate and real estate areas, 2005 - present.
- Legal advisor for the Estudio Jurídico Gonzalo Córdova Abogados law firm, 2003-2005.
- Legal advisor for real estate companies (Provivienda, Inmobiliaria La Coruña), 2001-2003.
- Interview on Occupational Safety in Ecuador, Revista Gestión, 2016.
- Are firms using labor compliance? Chamber of Commerce of Guayaquil Journal, 2019.
- Real Estate Law
- Internacional Bar Association (IBA)