María Gabriela Uquillas Iturralde
Languages: Spanish, English and German
Ecuadorian, with more than 15 years of experience in the areas of in foreign trade. Lawyer of the Ecuadorian Tribunals graduated from Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, specialized in Public Law. She is a specialist in International Commercial Negotiations by Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, and in Business Law by Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja. Besides this, she holds a Master’s degree in International Business.
Within her professional experience in the public sector, has worked in the Ecuadorian National Customs Office as Manager of Legal Consulting, Advisor of the General Management, and Legal Chief in the District of Guayaquil. Gabriela has participated in various activities, such as: Manager of the Law Reform of the Ley Orgánica de Aduanas CAE (2005); has been part of the Group of Andean Government Experts (Kyoto Convention, Special Regimes); official delegate for the drafting of an Andean Customs Code; has taken part of the Counseling Meetings Group of Director of Custom Affairs of the Andean Community; has coordinated multiple training programs in customs; has been speaker at various seminars in Customs Law and Proceedings; speaker in multiple occasions in the National Tax Law Conference; and many others.
Currently, she is a partner at LEXVALOR, in which provides counseling to multiple enterprises as: Customs-Free Zones, Insurance Companies, Port Terminals, Dutty Free Stores and Importers/Exporters. She is also a Customs Counsel of the Chamber of Commerce of Guayaquil.
- Postgraduate studies in International Business Negotiation and in Public Law, Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, 2008
- Postgraduate studies in Business Law, Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja, 2006
- Attorney at Law by Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, 2004
- Lexvalor Abogados Partner, 2012 - present
- Customs Advisor at the Chamber of Commerce of Guayaquil, 2009 to present
- Manager, Legal Advice, National Customs Service of Ecuador, 2009
- Juridical Chief, District of Guayaquil, National Customs Service of Ecuador, 2008 -2009
- Advisor to the General Manager, National Customs Service of Ecuador, 2007 - 2008
- Project Manager, Customs (CAE) Organic Law amendment bill, 2005;
- Member of the Andean Governmental Group of Experts (Kyoto Convention, special regimes)
- Official Delegate charged with preparing the Andean Customs Code
- Member of the Customs Advisory Group to the Andean Community
- Customs Law
- Tax Law
- Corporate law